Driver CPC Professional Buses & Coach Drivers
A guide to understanding a driver's work for CPC Modules. This Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency book provides essential preparation for the new driver CPC bus & coach. New edition
Driver CPC - Professional Buses & Coach Drivers
- Provides detailed information about the new Case Studies module, including two official examples.
- Includes essential guidance on the subject areas that will be tested in the case studies, including:
- Driving to optimise fuel consumption and to carry loads smoothly and safely.
- Taking good care of loads
- Knowing the regulations and how they are administered, e.g. EU and domestic drivers' hours
- Understanding the rules and laws that govern the carrying of loads
- Health and safety behind the wheel and when carrying out other duties
- Looking after yourself physically and ensuring that you are fit for work, e.g. understanding the effects of diet, drugs
- How to recognise an emergency and act effectively, e.g. fires and other incidents
- Understanding how the role of an LGV driver fits into the company/organisation
- The economic importance of the LGV sector within the transport industry.
Describes what drivers will be tested on in the new Practical. Demonstration Test and how they will be tested, including:
- Load care and comfort - use of apparatus
- Loading the vehicle safely
- Prevention of criminality and trafficking of illegal immigrants
- Prevention of physical risks
- Ability to assess emergency situations
- Includes lively full colour photography throughout, to explain key principles and techniques
- Contains a glossary of technical terms.
Other publications you may like...
This book is the DVSA official guide which explains the standards required to pass today's practical LGV & HGV test it is packed with expert advice to help all LGV & HGV drivers become safer on the road. This new edition is the definitive guide for new and experienced goods vehicle drivers and trainers including a full CPC update.