Driving Goods Vehicles -Official DVSA Guide
This book is the DVSA official guide which explains the standards required to pass today's practical LGV & HGV test it is packed with expert advice to help all LGV & HGV drivers become safer on the road. This new edition is the definitive guide for new and experienced goods vehicle drivers and trainers including a full CPC update.
Driving Goods Vehicles - The DVSA Official Guide
By promoting the correct attitude and approach, along with essential professional driving skills, this book will keep you and your load on the road to safe driving for life, whether you're a new or experienced LGV or HGV wanna-be driver, this complete manual will help you to acquire and maintain the skills necessary to keep you safe on the road.
Safety, competence and professionalism and essential guidance on:
• The official LGV syllabus and practical test requirements.
• Attitude and driving techniques for different vehicles and conditions.
• EC and UK legal requirements, working time and tachograph regulations.
• Freight transport organisation.
• Different types of load and how to secure them.
• Accidents, health and safety issues and handling techniques.
• Vehicle security and international travel.